Introducing the Desert Gypsies.
We love hearing what Rickshaw Challenge teams think of the experience, after the event. And so we’re happy that Mumbai Xpress team the Desert Gypsies answered our questions about their time in India. Here are their great answers (accompanied by fantastic emoji usage), plus some photos of them on the event.
1. Why did you decide to sign up for the Rickshaw Challenge Mumbai Xpress 2017?
An adventure with challenges attached by default!
2. What did you expect and what did you get?
Expected more breakdowns and less drinking, got the opposite…. not complaining.?
3. What was your scariest experience on the road?
Mountain descent through fog with about 20yards visibility. ?????????
4. What was your most positive experience during the Mumbai Xpress?
The friendliness of the country, smiles everywhere and very rarely looking for compensation when help was offered. Amazing people.
5. How many breakdowns did you have and what did you learn about fixing a rickshaw?
Just one but gears were a constant issue, lesson learned, just keep going!
6. Describe India in one word or sentence, which doesn’t include coconut or coconut tree!
An absolute contrast- the spectacular is mixed like soup with the depravity and despair although completely content in each sense.
7. What is your most “only in India” experience?
8. Do you have any recommendations, any good advice for future participants?
Don’t be afraid to eat in the smallest, grubbiest or darkest road side cafes, some have the best Biriyani on the planet.
9. Anything else you want to tell us?